July 30, 2010, Newsletter Issue #65: Insuring Part-Time & Vacation Homes

Tip of the Week

If you own more than one home and will be away from either for an extended period of time, make sure that you choose a policy that covers you while you are away. Some types of homeowners insurance will not cover you for the entire year if you are only living in a house for three months out of the year in the summer.

Make sure you specify that a house is a vacation home or if it will be used year-round. Free home insurance quotes for full-time homes would be different from part-time dwellings. The main reason is that no one would be there for large stretches of time at a vacation home to keep up with regular maintenance, prevent fire damage or theft, etc.

If you fail to specify that a house will only be occupied for a small amount of time each year you could run into trouble. If something were to happen that would require you to file a claim while away from the house, you could have difficulty settling the claim.

About LifeTips

Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.

Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Home Insurance Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
George Sayour